It’s not too late to check IRS payment options
IRS offers taxpayers convenient, secure ways to pay their taxes throughout the year. Taxpayers can pay:
- By phone
- With their mobile device using the IRS2Go app
Additionally, some taxpayers must make quarterly estimated tax payments throughout the year. These taxpayers may include sole proprietors, partners, and S-corporation shareholders who expect to owe $1,000 or more when they file. Individuals who participate in the sharing economy might also have to make estimated payments.
There are several options for taxpayers who need to pay their taxes. They can:
- Pay using their bank account when they e-file their return. Taxpayers can do this for free using electronic funds withdrawal.
- Use IRS Direct Pay to pay their taxes, including estimated taxes. Direct Pay allows taxpayers to pay electronically directly from their checking or savings account for free. Taxpayers can also choose to receive email notifications about their payments. Taxpayers should remember to watch out for email scams. IRS Direct Pay sends emails only to users who requested the service.
- Pay by credit or debit card through a card processor. There is a fee to pay this way. Taxpayers can make these payments online, by phone, or using their mobile device with the IRS2Go app.
- Make a cash payment at a participating 7-Eleven store. Taxpayers can do this at more than 7,000 store locations nationwide. To pay with cash, taxpayers can visit IRS.gov/paywithcash and follow the instructions.
- Spread out their payments over time by applying for an online payment agreement. Once the IRS accepts an agreement, the taxpayers can make their payment in monthly installments.
Share this tip on social media — #IRSTaxTip: It’s not too late to check IRS payment options. https://go.usa.gov/xmdjE