Timely File Your Tax Returns

It seems like the Internal Revenue Service is dishing out more penalties and fees than ever before, so filing on time might be in your best interest. If you generally receive a refund, you have three years to file, but if you owe, you must file by the due date, which is usually April 15th.   Any time is a good time to file, and it can be as simple as send your documents over.

Here is the process for new clients.

  1. If you are an employee, upload your W2s here using the Guest Exchange. If you are self-employed, send your Profit/Loss Statement or Income and Expenses instead.
  • W2’s, Drivers License, and any other documents that you might have like 1099’s or 1098’s.

2.Please shoot me an email at stephanie@paulinestaxservices.com to start the interview and process as Ill need more information.

3. I’ll prepare the returns and send you a copy for review

4. If everything looks good, sign the e-file authorization documents, pay the tax prep costs, and the returns will be e-filed.

File Past Tax Returns

The process is the same as above. Generally, start with the last three years, and then we will determine the next steps.

Automatic 6 Month Extension of time to file

If you filed an extension, the due date is October 15th.  The extension is ‘of time to file’, not ‘of time to pay’, so if you will owe or have a balance due, it will be accruing interest/penalties for failure to pay, so filing sooner rather than later is a good idea.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s